Data Protection Privacy Notice for Patients
Our privacy notice gives information on what happens to any personal data that we may collect from or about you.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the practice.
This Notice explains:
- Who we are, how we use your information and our Data Protection Officer
- What kinds of personal information about you do we process?
- What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)?
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long your personal information is retained by us?
- What are your rights under data protection laws?
The NHS wants to make sure you and your family have the best care now and in the future.
Unless you have chosen to opt out, your confidential patient information can be used for research and planning.
Read our Privacy Notice
Patients are advised that telephone calls to and from the surgery may be recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018. Calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes.
- Protects the interests of both parties
- Helps to improve Practice performance
- Establishes the facts in the event of a complaint either by a patient or a member of staff and so assist in resolving it.
- Establishes the facts and assist in the resolution of any medico legal claims made against the practice or its clinicians.